Charged With a Crime?
As a full-service law firm, we strive to help you through every aspect of your legal ordeal, and that includes minor criminal defense cases. Sometimes, when you are embroiled in a family law battle – whether it’s divorce or a messy probate fight – other criminal accusations can surface in an attempt to discredit you. If you have been charged with drunk driving or domestic assault, Kathryn Wayne-Spindler & Associates can help with your criminal defense. Call 248-676-1000. We have one simple objective for our clients: to handle their legal worries, so they can concentrate on their life and family.
Criminal Defense Services
Often family law issues are intertwined with criminal charges like domestic violence. That’s why you need an attorney who can handle all aspects of the legal system when life gets complicated. The attorneys at Kathryn Wayne-Spindler & Associates have more than 15 years of experience helping families with their family law and criminal defense matters. Our attorneys can help you with:
- Drunk-driving defense: If you or a family member has been charged with DWI or a related drunk driving charge, the stakes are high. Make sure you have an attorney willing to fight aggressively for your rights.
- Domestic violence defense: All too often, honest people are charged with domestic assault or child abuse by a spouse or partner who is trying to gain an upper hand during a divorce or custody battle. Make sure you have a lawyer on your side to defend these false or inaccurate allegations.
- Malicious Destruction of Property (Vandalism) defense: Even charges like vandalism can stem from divorce disagreements. See this example from Georgia, “Can I have my ex husband arrested for vandalism?”
- Minor in Possession of Alcohol defense: During intense custody battles, teenagers can sometimes feel emotionally betrayed. Some turn to alcohol, whether to make themselves feel better or to garner attention. We can help if your underage family member has been caught drinking or drunk. Not only can we assist you through the legal process, but our caring staff can recommend counselors or treatment programs that have helped other clients.
- Possession of Marijuana defense: If an angry ex-spouse seeking to damage your parenting reputation has accused you of Possession of Marijuana or Marijuana Paraphernalia, we can help with your criminal defense.
- Retail Fraud (Shoplifting) defense: Sometimes adolescents whose parents are divorcing may perform acts of daring like shoplifting that garners attention. What they may not realize is how serious Retail Fraud charge can be and how long a legal matter can affect their lives. We can help if you or a family member have been charged with Retail Fraud.
- Debt Collection defense: After a divorce or death in the family, entangled finances and debt disputes can result in collections matters. It’s possible that miscommunications between recently separated spouses could also result in Debt Collections issues. Our attorneys understand that during unsettled, turbulent times, sometimes payments are missed. We can help with your debt collection defense.
We believe strongly that every person has the right to a vigorous criminal defense. That is why we work aggressively to defend our clients. We will negotiate with the prosecutor and judge and fight for reduced or dismissed charges. If convicted, we can often help you find alternative programs to fulfill your sentence rather than jail time.
Contact us at 248-676-1000 to schedule a consultation to discuss your criminal defense needs.
Kathryn Wayne-Spindler & Associates have many satisfied clients throughout the five counties of Southeastern Michigan – Oakland, Washtenaw, Wayne, Genesee and Livingston. The Michigan Family Law Attorneys of Kathryn Wayne-Spindler & Associates have one simple objective: to handle our clients’ legal worries so they can concentrate on life and family. Contact Kathryn Wayne-Spindler & Associates today to learn more about our experience and success at 248-676-1000. We are conveniently located in Milford, Michigan. We help clients throughout Milford; Highland; Hartland; White Lake; Commerce; Waterford; West Bloomfield; Walled Lake; South Lyon; New Hudson; Wixom; Linden; Holly; Fenton; Grand Blanc; Flint and many more local communities.